Tuesday 8 February 2011

21st Century Choreography

Back in December we had our 21st Century choreography assessment.  My piece was called 'Interpret This' as it was all about interpretation of images whether they be visual images or mental images.  It was based on how people view these images and interpret them in a completely different way from each other, so the idea was same image, different interpretation.  On the day i felt very pleased with my dancers performance and the only thing i thought could have made a difference at the time was if my dancers had been given some sort of interaction with one another or even an emotion, i felt this could have uplifted the piece and made it more interesting but this is something i will take into account on my next choreographic work.  We got the results for this on the 20th January, and i was very pleased with my result and i know exactly what i have to work on.
After weeks of rehearsals and creating a 5-7 minute piece, which was assessed before the Christmas break we were required to do a presentation on our choreography as evidence of the process and what we learnt throughout the experience of creating our own choreographic work.
My presentation was delivered on Monday the 7th of February, I felt like it went really well and that i was unusually organised and prepared.  I still think i could be a more confident speaker but the presentation itself included everything I thought was relevant and all the negative and positive things I will take from the experience itself such as the use of tasks and learning to be more organised and time efficient.  Overall the 21st century choreography was a great learning curve for me and i am looking forward to starting rehearsals for my IDP now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment