Monday 28 March 2011

Hip Hop workshop

Such a great day! :) On Sunday I decided to go along to Vodka Rev to check out the 'Attention to Detail' Breakdance battle with a group of fellow dancers.  I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a great atmosphere and I really enjoyed watching all the dancers battle it out.  Some of them were outstanding and I found myself wanting to join a breakdancing class by the end of the day! lol.

We also took part in a hip hop workshop led by Caramel Soldier, a member of 'Blaze' whom i seen perform last year.  The workshop was amazing, I loved every minute of it and it was great to try a completely new style which didnt allow for anyone in the room to hold back, you just had to go for it otherwise it would be impossible to pick up the movement.  I thought Caramel was very inspiring, such a great dancer and she really broke it down for us.  After today I feel a lot more open to trying different dance styles, I wasnt sure how i would get on with the hip hop but when i was there i really enjoyed it and definately want to do some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment