Wednesday 4 May 2011

Breaking Boundaries...

Finally the rehearsals for IDP are over and it's time for the show! very nervous and excited...
The process has been really enjoyable and I am very happy with my final outcome, my dancers have worked extremely hard and have all had a massive input into the piece.  Thanks guys :)
the peice is called 'Vehicle of Conceptualization' and it's all about the mentality of a dancer.  I took inspiration from a quote I found which says "We feel out bodies, adrenilin and rapid heartbeat from fear and anger, tears from sadness or excessive laughter and the giddiness of happiness." It focuses on the connection between mind and body.  I also got help from my brother Kieran to create some of my music as I wasnt sure what I wanted and he suggested a few things that i thought would work really well and I am happy with what he has created.  It has inspiring little quotes throughout from people such as Lincoln and Martin Luther King but theyre very subtle. 

The tech was on Monday and seeing it on-stage was awesome, really pleased with the lighting choices that Gerron put together for me.  One bit that the lighting really made stand out was a heartbeat section mid-piece it looked really good and is now my fav part of the whole thing.

It has been a lot less stressful than usual this time round and I am really excited for my dancers performing tonight :) wish us luck! x

No comments:

Post a Comment